19 November 2007

I got back from Donny quite late last night, but not late enough to miss GGTW falling off the wagon. In fact, I may have pushed him :)

We went to a local bar and were chatting to the owner approaching closing time. The only other people in the place were two middle aged chaps, one of which kept looking over, winking and grinning. I assumed he was doing so because we were chatting to the (getting quite drunk) middle-aged lady owner. I may grinned back a couple of times.

At just before 11, they decided to join us at our table as we were preparing to leave - introducing themselves as Nigel and Theo. Theo was such a steroetypical comedy swede that at first I thought he was putting it on.

Nigel said "I like cross-dressing, but I like women."

Theo said "I like men." He was also stereotypically camp (as bent as a nine-bob note, as my old grandad would say).

GGTW, happily enjoying his first few beers after a month, decided to pick this moment to recount a story of asking four women at lunch what they visualised when they heard the word 'orgasm'.

Theo said "I'm single."

I was momentarily perturbed as to why a woman would volunteer that the word 'orgasm' made her visualise the countryside so missed Theo's next comment to GGTW.

GGTW said "We're leaving."

We left, but not before a winking Theo held my hand for just a tad too long for a friendly goodbye handshake. A strangely disconcerting end to the night....

1 Comments:

At 20 November 2007 at 15:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your report is confused towards the end, just indeed as the night was. I was kinda hoping it was just a nightmare dream but it seems not. Time to find a new bar. GGTW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home