10 September 2007

So there we were, the TV repairman (one of 'The Tech Guys' that appear in the annoying PC World adverts and not Mastercare like I'd phoned :-S ) and I, standing in front of the inert telly.

"So what's the problem?"

"It's the red, it's shifted to the right. Looks like one of those module things has gone."

"Ah, I used my last one this morning."



"But... but... I told the guy on the phone exactly what was wrong when I reported the fault!"

"Ah, well we don't order parts until it's been inspected."



"But it's been ten days! And I knew what it was because it's gone before. I told the man on the phone all of this so you'd bring the part with you!"

"Ah, well it'll be a week until we can get another one."

"A week!"



"I'm afraid so." (You're afraid? I'm afraid I'm going to club you to death with the yellow pages in a minute.) "I'll just check it really is that."

I leave him for five minutes while I have a shower (yeah, yeah, yeah, I overslept ok? It was only 10:30am!) and return to the living room.

"Ah yes, your converter module has gone. It'll be a week before I can get another one."




On a lighter note here's a review of the new A3 album from the Indie:

http://arts.independent.co.uk/music/reviews/article2937169.ece

5 stars. Oh yes. Though I have to say the stand-out track for me is the collaboration with The Proclaimers on Sweet Joy and he doesn't even mention that :)

My tickets have arrived for the Bristol gig today. Groove on.


3 Comments:

At 11 September 2007 at 07:57, Blogger weenie said...

That's so annoying...in this day and age, you'd expect them to carry all the parts with them so things can be fixed asap!

 
At 11 September 2007 at 09:21, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Especially when you tell them so far in advance exactly what the problem is *frown*

I need a spare humungous telly in case this happens again :)

 
At 11 September 2007 at 10:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a crap, small tv anyway - just dump it ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home