25 August 2006

Not much has happened, hence the small gap.

Well apart from going to Q's wedding on saturday which was top notch. It didn't half rain in the afternoon though - luckily we were inside at the bar by this point :)

It's the first wedding I've been to since I was 18 when I haven't been shockingly hungover. The downside was that, feeling okay, I drank enough to dance (eek), chat up one of then bridesmaids in front of her bloke (double eek) and bribe Q's younger sister (well, 23 but the last time I saw her she was 12!) with my phone number if she stopped trying to cop off with me (treble eek).

I've had lots of texts since. I think I just postponed the shoeing from Q's large family... :-/

And, as always happens during such meet ups, the story of the spaghetti incident was retold :)

The Spaghetti Incident

This happened many moons ago, when I was 19. The four of us at school who'd all done the same A-Levels (Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Further Maths :-/ ) had met up again for our relatively regular drinking night during the summer holidays after our first year at university.

D hadn't gone to university that year after he got 5 A's and took a year out so that he could get into oxford. E and Q were at the same place and had birthdays the say after each other so a bit of a celebration was on the cards. However E was ill so wasn't drinking, and D was a total wuss on the beers. :)

Q and I started at our usual first-year-uni-student pace and rapidly moved several pints ahead of D, but the drunker he got (and some blame does go to us after we pointed out that Stella gave you more alcohol per pence than carling did, so he switched) the faster he got.

After 6 or so pints we headed indoors where we then bumped into one of our old chemistry teachers who was in the pub with ten of our other school teachers. We chatted for a bit and had a few more pints before our old teacher bought us all a pint, which was nice of her, but tipped D over the edge (by this time he was ahead of me, as I'd slowed down, and was racing pints with Q).

E went to the loo and, well, I'm really busy now so I'll finish this off tonight when I get back ;)

1 Comments:

At 25 August 2006 at 22:39, Blogger Charby said...

hey! *frowns*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home