13 August 2007

Sometimes I wonder why I bother supporting Spurs (well, I often wonder why I bother doing many things, but supporting Spurs rivals trying to find a sane female in the wondering stakes). We spent a huge amount this summer on players to add to our squad that came 5th and trimmed a few rubbish ones from the club.

Then we went into our opening game against Sunderland without our only 3 left-backs and without our first and second choice centre-backs (all through injury). So we started with a right-back at left-back and a mutated donkey at centre-back (Anthony Gardner) - and funnily enough we were so suspect at the back that the midfield sat deep to help defend and the forwards got isolated and had little service.

Then we go and retreat into our box in the last 5 minutes like we kept doing ALL last season and paid the price (again) by conceding a 95th minute winner. Bugger.

We'd better buck our ideas up by tomorrow for our game against Everton otherwise we're going to be playing catch-up all season. Still, Kaboul looked good :)

This week I have a meeting with Oxfam, a creditor's meeting to attend regarding the bankrupt festival and full accounts to prepare for last year (which is sooooooo boring to do). I've also got a huge amount of work to complete before next week (and I've very little chance of getting it done in time :-S). Just as well that it looks like I've no need to go online in the evenings anymore. Ho hum, sometimes you just can't win with some people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home