22 August 2007

So, after being caught up with football matters ever so slightly, Spurs have decided to go down the public humiliation route yet again.

I'd like to state here and now that despite some bizarre team selections, formations and substitutions over the last 2 years I want Martin Jol to stay at Spurs. In fact, I echo this song:

http://www.myspace.com/ilovemartinjolsong

I'm hopeful of him seeing out this season, qualifying for the Champion's League and moving us forward. Otherwise we'll probably end up with Harry Redknapp or something and we'll deserve everything we get... :(

My favourite story of BMJ (Big Martin Jol to us Spurs fans) concerns this incident:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mkT5QwOoME

when Spurs were denied an injury time winner at Old Trafford by the linesman's incompetence despite the ball being a yard over the line. During the end of season AGM with the fans BMJ relayed the following story in that wonderful dutch accent of his (there was a video of this on youtube somewhere but it's gone now).

"So, I hadn't been managing in England very long and we had the Pedro Mendes 'goal' at Man United not given to us, and afterwards I went to the referee and asked what was going on - and he said he'd made his decision and that was that."

"So I said 'I'm new to English football, can I call you a cheat?'"

"'No,' he said, 'you can't call me a cheat.'"

"'Can I call you a cunt then?'"

"'No,' he said, 'you can't call me a cunt.'"

"'Can I say I think you're a cunt?'"

"'Yes,' he said, 'you can say that.'"

"'Well then, I think you're a cunt.'"

BMJ - a fan as a manager :)

3 Comments:

At 22 August 2007 at 17:07, Blogger weenie said...

The dreaded 'c' word....

*shudder*

 
At 22 August 2007 at 17:21, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Cheat? :-P

Sorry weenie, was just reporting the story as he told it :)

 
At 23 August 2007 at 20:44, Blogger weenie said...

Hey, no need to apologise - it's your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home