15 September 2005

Thursday evening and boss has been at desk all day rather than in meetings (as per normal). As boss' desk is directly behind mine this makes my screen visible - hence I've had to actually do work *all day*. Grossly unfair, and probably an infringement on my human rights.

What did people do before the internet was invented? They blatantly didn't do more work so they must have spent all day chatting and drinking tea. Last week we lost our internet connection (I'm currently working for a private company that is outsourcing the IT functions of a borough council) because, and this is gospel truth, someone at the company I work for forgot to pay the BT phone bill so they cut off the internet connection to the whole council (including the website we're building for them) for several hours. It was like some close personal friend had died in the office - no-one could work because we couldn't proof our web pages and no-one could surf the web either. We tried a conversation but it didn't really work....

Things on my list to get sorted shortly:

1.) Sort out speeding fine/points/court appearance (long story but let's just say the local northern police force are all, every single one of them, fascist bastards)
2.) Provide paperwork for Inland Revenue investigation into my tax return (local northern police force are like lambs gambolling in the fields compared to the Inland Revenue)
3.) Find job close to home for feb as girl 1 (whom is living in my flat down south while I'm here) is moving out of flat then to go round the world
4.) Sell sports car for something that does more than 35mpg (i.e. a diesel) as poor thing is designed to bomb around country lanes rather than spend 6 hours chugging along as 60mph (see 1.)
5.) Be nice to girl 2 (whom I share a flat with up north while I'm here and whom is also a contractor) as she's about to get a family bereavement
6.) Try and work out if girl 3 (whom I spend an hour or so a week emailing) is amusing enough to meet up with one weekend I'm down south
7.) Chat more to foreign girl 1 on-line (as she's t'other side of the world) as she's cool and we like her
8.) Arrange flight to europe to see newborn niece/nephew when that happens in a couple of weeks (preferably without being roped in to taking psycho mother with me)
9.) Try and pretend that I'm not at all upset that girl 4 stood me up two weekends ago. First girl I've ever asked out in my life. Huh. Not doing *that* again. I'll rely on the timeless 'get drunk at parties and get jumped on' technique.
10.) Drink less.

Uh-oh, boss back.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home